How can I maximize the number of quality job opportunities that I can target in my job search?
Here is an action plan to help you maximize the number of job opportunities you can target in your job search:
- Post your resume to the ‘Big 3’ in job search: Indeed, Monster, and LinkedIn. Also post your resume to CareerBuilder.com, the site powering over 90% of the Fortune 500 company job boards.
- Post your resume to your college or university’s alumni job search site.
- Post your resume on relevant industry and professional association websites, using sources like CareerOneStop to identify appropriate associations.
- Utilize your local newspaper’s website to locate job opportunities.
- Consider pursuing job opportunities with the federal government.
- Consider pursuing nonprofit job opportunities.
- Use Craigslist.org to locate job opportunities with smaller companies that will use this resource due to its affordability.
- Use Google to identify niche job sites focused on your functional area or industry.
- Work with executive recruiters.
- Identify companies to target in your job search, utilizing sources like Hoover’s to build a list of target companies.
- Network with friends, family, neighbors, former coworkers, industry contacts, and vendors to identify job opportunities.
Attend industry and professional association meetings to network.