Questions to Ask in an Interview
In addition to being asked questions in your job interview, it’s likely you will be asked if you have any questions for the interviewer.
You want to take advantage of this opportunity by asking questions to:
- learn more about the job opportunity to help you stand out
- understand the work environment to see if it’s a good fit
- determine the next steps in the hiring process to determine your follow-up game plan
List of Questions to Ask at your Job Interview
1. What is the reason for opening?
2. What are the main tasks the person hired for this job would undertake?
3. What would your ideal candidate for this job be like?
4. Who does this position report to?
5. Can you explain how the department is organized?
6. What people and departments would the person in this position interact with?
7. What is your management style? (If interviewing with the hiring manager)
8. What is the corporate culture like?
9. Could I get a copy of the position description?
10. Where are you in the hiring process? (Or what
would be the next step?)
11. Can I have your business card? (For use in e-mailing a thank you letter)
Additional Job Interview Resources