What questions should I expect during an interview?
Below is a list of likely questions you should be prepared to respond to during an interview.
Take the time to write your responses to each question.
Have a friend work with you on a mock interview to help you practice your responses.
Likely interview questions
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why are you looking for a job?
3. Why did you leave your last position? (If appropriate.)
4. What interested you about this job?
5. Why have you been at your current job for so long? (If appropriate.)
6. Why are you looking for a new job when you have been at your current job for such a short time? (If appropriate.)
7. You seem to switch jobs quite frequently. Tell me more about that. (If appropriate.)
8. What are your strengths?
9. What are your weaknesses?
10. How would you handle working on multiple projects simultaneously?
11. Tell me about something you are particularly proud of. (Or tell me about a challenge you undertook.)
12. Tell me about a problem you encountered and how you handled it.
13. Where do you see yourself in five years?
14. Describe your best manager. (Or describe your ideal manager.)
15. Describe your worst manager.
16. Describe your ideal job.
17. Tell me about a mistake you made and what you learned from it.
18. What are your hobbies and interests outside work?
19. What are your salary requirements?
20. What other opportunities are you pursuing?
21. Do you have any questions for me?