Here's What Your Organization’s Severance Package Is Missing. And What to Do About It Right Now.
Need to design a severance package, calculate severance pay, or create an employee-separation agreement? Our free Severance Tips PDF makes all of this super-easy. Get your copy now by completing the form below:
or copy and paste our email address:
Are you planning for layoffs or a reduction in force and are unsure what to include in your organization’s severance package for downsized employees?
The majority of employers include outplacement services in their separation packages as standard practice. In fact, two out of three employers offered outplacement to their impacted workers, according to the American Management Association and Institute for Corporate Productivity.
Our free Severance Tips PDF provides you with super-helpful resources to help you design a severance package, calculate severance pay, create an employee-separation agreement, and more.
Get your free Severance Tips PDF by completing the form on this page.
The Society for Human Resource Management considers outplacement services as more than just a secondary perk, and asserts that “helping employees to find new positions quickly has taken on new importance.”
Outplacement firms offer career-transition assistance in order to help impacted employees market themselves effectively to find new jobs.
Here are 5 factors that make outplacement services an essential part of your organization’s severance package:
1. Being in line with standard practices. Outplacement services provide employee benefits that will help benchmark your organization with standard practices.
2. Helping employees move on from a layoff. A key component of outplacement services is the personalized support an employee receives from a professional Career Transition Consultant, who will help them find a new job.
3. The morale of your organization’s remaining employees. When outplacement services are part of a severance package, remaining employees can stay focused on their work, knowing their organization is empathetic and is taking proper care of its affected workers.
4. Your organization’s brand and professional reputation. Customers want to know they’re doing business with an organization that values its employees. Word-of-mouth is far more likely to be positive when your impacted workers are able to smoothly transition to new careers with the aid of outplacement services.
5. The quality of new hires. By offering outplacement services as part of a comprehensive benefits package, your organization can become more attractive to high-quality recruits in the job market.
Outplacement That Is Comprehensive and Affordable
Our outplacement services are often more affordable than other options while providing more comprehensive services than shorter term outplacement programs.
Quest Outplacement may be a good fit for your downsized employees if you are interested in working with an outplacement firm that, depending on the outplacement program you select, provides:
- An effective means to establish the displaced employee’s online presence with the Big 3 in job search – LinkedIn, Indeed, and Monster
- A minimum of 3 months of Individual Outplacement (not group outplacement) — a 6-month program is also available.
- A resume written by a professional resume writer included in all outplacement options (instead of providing a lower value service such as a resume critique, resume feedback, or a resume builder tool for the job seeker to create a resume)
- DiscoveryQuest™ Career Mapping Process for in-depth personalized resume creation (lower-cost options available without full DiscoveryQuest™ process)
- LinkedIn Profile support to enable the job seeker to be found by executive recruiters on LinkedIn, the number one source used by over 90% of recruiters to find candidates. Conversion of resume content to a LinkedIn formatted template for the job seeker to copy and paste the content into their LinkedIn Profile.
- An ASCII version of the resume needed for posting the resume online
- A cover letter written to highlight the displaced employee’s strengths
- Resume posting to two job sites — Monster and Indeed
- Resume posting to CareerBuilder, the site powering over 90% of the Fortune 500 company job boards
- One-on-one telephone consultation time with a Career Transition Consultation customized to a displaced employee’s needs to cover any aspect of the job search process where they require support including Internet job search techniques, interviewing, thank you letters, and salary negotiations.
- A 24/7 accessible web-based career assessment tool. The displaced employee receives a 30-page personalized report that covers such areas as motivational traits, 10 top job areas to pursue, vocational analysis, personal analysis and learning styles.
- A Personal Salary Report, a fully customized report that determines a displaced employee’s market value based on the information they provide about their background, experience, and target job setting. Taken and delivered online, this Personal Salary Report is designed to help the displaced employee get the most out of their salary negotiation.
- 24/7 access to the Quest for Success™ Online Career Portal
- Job Search 101 Guide
Outplacement That Fits Your Organization's Needs
When you include our services in your organization’s severance package, you get flexibility as well as quality:
- There is no minimum number of impacted employees required (can be as few as one).
- Your organization will only be charged for impacted individuals that elect to utilize outplacement. If an individual declines, there is no charge to your organization for that individual.
- You aren’t contractually bound to an exclusive arrangement with us for any period of time.
To learn more about each of the 4 outplacement programs we offer, request a copy of our outplacement brochure via email or call us toll free at 1-888-430-2637.